Agnes Lucille Craft Greene (1947 - 2015)

• "My Big Brother! Joe, You and the family are in my..."

GREENE, Agnes Lucille Craft Agnes Lucille Craft Greene, a beloved wife, mother, grandmother, sister and friend. Sunrise November 20, 1947 to Sunset June 20, 2015 Visitation and Wake: 5 8 PMThursday, June 25, 2015 at Rolling Oaks Funeral Home, 400 Freeport Pkwy, Coppell, TX 75019. Memorial Service: 11 AM Friday, June 26, 2015 at Covenant Church, 2660 E. Trinity Mills Rd. Carrollton, TX. 75006

• The family is inviting family and friends to read written remarks at the wake.
  • Please visit restland coppell.com to leave comments.

In Memory of

Agnes Lucille Greene

November 20, 1947 - June 20, 2015
Obituary
-----------------------------------------------------

Agnes Lucille Craft Greene was born in Dallas, TX on November 20, 1947 to George Otis Craft and Johnnie Mae Bramlett Craft. She was the fourth of five children.

Agnes grew up in Arlington Park and received Christ through baptism at an early age at Bethany Baptist Church in Elm Thicket.

As a member of the band, Agnes played the clarinet at Booker T. Washington Technical High School where she graduated with honors in 1966.

In the fall of 1966 Agnes matriculated to North Texas State University where she majored in Math and Chemistry. She graduated with a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Business Administration in 1973.

During her first week on campus Agnes saw and met Charles Edward “Joe” Greene of Temple, TX. It was after his first football game that Joe introduced Agnes to his mother Cleo Thomas as “the woman he was going to marry”. Agnes and Cleo were both shocked.

Agnes and Joe married on January 28, 1968. Together they had three children: Charles Major, Edward Delon and Joquel.

She raised their three children to believe and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ. Her goal was the same with her seven grandchildren. She loved going to their performances and attending their athletic competitions and getting as much sugar (hugs and kisses) as possible.

Agnes believed in serving the community; most important she believed in being a supportive wife and nurturing mom. She expertly managed two homes in two different cities for 13 years during her husband’s professional football career.

Agnes Lucille Greene was initiated into the Alpha Xi Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated in Dallas, TX in 1983. In addition, she served on the University of North Texas (formerly North Texas State University) Alumni Association Board of Directors. While on the Board, she chaired the 2007 UNT Emerald Eagle Scholarship Gala. She was an honorary co-chair for the Denton County Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Walk in 2010. Earlier this year, she was honored by Philia Works of Houston, Incorporated for being an inspiring woman.

Anyone who met Agnes knew that she had a depth of love in her that was unending and everlasting. She acquired that capacity to love as a little girl when she received Christ. She had a profound love for Jesus and desired the word. In her life, she attended and served at Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship. Later when she moved back to Texas in 2004, she attended Covenant Church in Colleyville. She also attended Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) for four years.

Wife, mom, grand-mother, sister, daughter, aunt, cousin, friend, Miss Agnes, Craft, Aggie, Aggie Lu, or Card Partner…no matter the name we called her she is well loved and will be missed.

She leaves to cherish her memory: her husband Joe, children: Major (Tiffany), Delon (Aimee) and Joquel; seven grand-children: Cleo, Sydney, Preston, Carly, Evan, Ella, and Emersyn; siblings: Lois Pruitt, Anna Harrison, Robert Earl (Marjorie) Craft, Helen (Duane) Smith; Mother-in-law Cleo Thomas; Sister-in-law Joyce Jones; Brother-in-law Ervin (Kathryn) Thomas; a host of nephews and nieces; and a bounty of wonderful friends.

The family is encouraging friends and loved ones to contribute to theAgnes Lucille Craft Greene Memorial Scholarship in lieu of sending flowers.

You need to be a member of * to add comments!

Join *

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Now the laborer’s task is over;
    Now the Battle day is past;
    Now upon the farther shore
    Lands the voyager at last.

It is with great sorrow that we part with our sister, Agnes Craft-Greene on this side of Jordan, but oh what joy when we meet on the other side. When we reach that blessed homeland, where there's everlasting day; on that bright and blessed morning, God shall wipe all tears away.

Always bear in mind that spirit was never born and spirit can never die. Remember that God gives grace for each trial, and courage for each sorrow and faith to face in confidence a blessed, sweet, blissful and bright tomorrow.

I had the pleasure of meeting Agnes in the early sixties, as a popular student at BTW. She was a very kind and compassionate friend for many years. My deepest regards to 'Mean Joe' Greene and the rest of the family the courage to endure this great loss. As I go to my Father in prayer, I will ask for a special blessing for the entire family of Mrs. Agnes Craft-Greene.

With warm regards,
    James Brown, Retired Adjunct Professor of Fine Arts
    Tarrant County College District2473141834?profile=original

• My prayers are sent out to Agnes and Joe Green and family.  May you be comforted with the Love of God and know that all is well with her soul.  Trust him and he will never let you down.

• Services are pending at this time we are told. 

This reply was deleted.